Friday, November 03, 2006

Wildcat update

Got this note from Stephanie (Velander) Peterson:
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to take a minute to ask for your prayers over the next week. We decided rather last minute that I should go on our church's mission trip down to Mississippi to do hurricane relief/reconstruction. I've caught a cold this week and I look forward to two days of sleep on a van! ;-)

Please pray for:
-safety traveling this weekend and next weekend
-a quick recovery from this cold
-good bonding of trip members - especially for me to get to know church members better
-that I would know how best to encourage those whom we will be helping.
-that Rick and I would handle well being apart for 9 days (this is the longest we will have been apart since we've gotten married. It will be good practice for when Rick goes on his seminary intercultural trip to Oman in January.)

Muchos gracias! We'll be gone Nov. 3-12. Thank you! I covet your prayers!

In His grip,
Steph
I have a few more updates coming later. Which reminds me... I'm pretty much just taking e-mails and slapping them up here. I hope that:
a. You readers find this interesting;
b. The people who are e-mailing me are not offended; and
c. No one accuses me of having the laziest blog ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment