Hi everyone!And in other news... I live in Iowa. Not so exciting. But I do TiVo "Jeopardy!" every day.
Things here are still going really well. I spent the last 7 days in an area orientation class. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I learned a lot about the Japanese culture as well as a lot of helpful phrases.
Japanese people as a whole are so nice! A couple of times when I have asked for directions the people have walked me all the way to my destination. Also, usually if I look at a map while I am sitting on a train, someone will offer assistance.
Last night we participated in a traditional home visit. As the new neighbors to our neighborhood we had to buy gifts for all of our neighbors. The base paired us up with an English speaking Japanese women who lives close to us and she took us around to all of our neighbors and introduced us and helped us give them our gifts. Then Aaron and I went to dinner at a Korean Barbeque. We ordered some meat (we think it was some type of steak) and then we cooked it ourselves on a little grill in the middle of our table. I thought I was ordering soup, but apparently I ordered a salad with octopus on it. We ate the salad and I tried a bite of the octopus. I wasn't a big fan!
This weekend we are going to Tokyo to watch the American all-star baseball team play against the Japanese all-stars. I am excited to see the city and Aaron is excited to see baseball!
Last weekend we went walking around Yokahama and we also visited some second hand furniture shops. Most of our things have finally arrived in Japan and are now going through customs. Hopefully we will have them soon.
I know. Also not exciting.

No comments:
Post a Comment