I write this having completed two essential responsibilities of eligible adults — voting and giving blood — in one day, so I’m all set for at least eight weeks of self-righteousness.
And for all of you who think the political parties are diligent, even the kind lady from the Clinton County Republicans who tried directing me to the wrong polling place on Monday afternoon, try signing up to donate blood. I got a call, a postcard an e-mail and a personal reminder for Tuesday’s appointment.
I’m glad to have it, though — and not just because I’ve had to reschedule my blood appointments going back to September. Tracking down donors with such voracity is a sign of how truly important giving blood is. And unlike in politics, the people who are working so hard to remind me when to be where for my blood donation have no personal gain at stake.
Since I enjoy the view from the high horse, I’d like to tackle an ongoing debate in American society: Whether or not people should be allowed to talk on a cell phone while driving.
Continue reading "Riding the high horse."

No comments:
Post a Comment