Hi everybody!
We hope that everybody had a wonderful Christmas, we certainly did!
Aaron and I went to Guam for 5 days over Christmas. It is about a 3 and a half hour plane ride from here. For those of you who don't know much about Guam, it is a small island in the Pacific that is a US territory. People here refer to it as "the poor man's Hawaii." I've never been to Hawaii so I really can't compare the two, but I loved Guam and thought it was beautiful. It was also very nice to see and hear English again. as well as visit some of our favorite stores and restaurants.
The water around the island was beautiful, very blue and clear. It is surrounded by coral, though, so the beach was very rocky. It's supposed to be a great place to scuba dive and snorkel, but we ran out of time so we weren't able to do either of these.
Aaron's parents happen to be friends with a DoDDS principal who works on the island, so we spent Christmas Day with them. We had a wonderful dinner and he drove us around the island pointing out some of the most interesting spots.
We are back in Japan now, just relaxing until Aaron has to go back to work. As for me, I have finished my long term sub job and now I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get a position that has opened up at Aaron's school. Hopefully I will hear something soon.
Love, Aaron and Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment