Column originally published Dec. 21, 2005
CLINTON — I used to think there were two kinds of people in Clinton, those who get it (agree with me) and those who don’t (oppose everything).
Over time, however, my perspective has changed. I’ve broadened my horizons and expanded the borders of my mind. Now I think there’s three types of people. Group A thinks the City Council is faultless, Group B think it’s corrupt and Group C thinks it’s just ineffective.
Of course, these are broad generalizations. I’m pretty sure no one — not even the council members — think the council is perfect. Likewise, the people in Group C (that’s me) don’t really believe the council is totally impotent, because it would be impossible to ignore the many good things that have been accomplished in recent years.
The hard-liners, though, are in Group B. Based on readers’ letters, anonymous phone calls and comments on our Web site, people in Group B think all seven council members (and the school board members and county supervisors, too) got elected simply to waste the taxpayers’ money.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment