There is, of course, a big potential stumbling block to the idea of platooning Jones, and that is Dusty Baker. As Arizona Phil suggested, Jones might be the ideal Dusty guy: high energy, "good in the clubhouse," aggressive at the plate, over 30. It's entirely possible that Jones will be pencilled into the lineup every day, even when someone like Mark Mulder or Dontrelle Willis is on the mound. If so, then all this is for naught, but I hold out a modicum of blind faith that Dusty will do the right thing. Why, I don't know, but I do know that boundless reserves of blind faith are a prerequisite for being a Cubs fan.Preach it, brother.
Thursday, December 22, 2005
Cubs quote of the day
Ruz over at The Cub Reporter has this nugget in his long, thorough reflection on the Jacque Jones signing (italics and bold mine):
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment