Heading into tonight's ALCS game one, I think I've resigned myself to not caring who wins the AL and 100 percent backing the Cardinals over the Astros.
Largely, I'm just happy the LCS round isn't an exact repeat of last year, because there's no way you'd get the same great 14 games. Also, no east coast teams is nice.
I had a lovely argument with Evan today over Jim Edmonds, and he pretty much nailed me to the wall by first conceding that the guy makes easy plays look hard, but also pointing out he's better than 90 percent of the guys out there. Better than 27 other center fielders? Well...
I'd take Andruw Jones and Carlos Beltran over Edmonds in a heartbeat. After that... I don't think anyone has his more than passable defense while approaching his power numbers. I hate him as a person (I just think he's smarmy), but I'll be darned if I can come up with a third guy who's a no-brainer over Edmonds, unless someone magically brings back the Ken Griffey Jr. of the early- to mid-90s.
I don't make predictions because they're usually wrong, but again, I'm excited to settle in for a great week of baseball.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment