I played on and against a few Little League teams with this guy -- he was always one of my favorites, but I don't think I've seen him since I graduated in 1997.
Family. Honor. Pride. Dedication.
Four words that entered into Sgt. Severin Griffiths' decision to join the U.S. Army and serve in the Operation Iraqi Freedom War.
"This is the best decision I've ever made, said Griffiths, a 1998 Libertyville High School graduate and third generation co-owner of Griffiths Kwik Kopy Printing in Libertyville. "I have never been more proud. My grandfather (Kenneth Griffiths) was in the Army and I wanted to follow in his footsteps."
Griffiths' regiment - 2nd Armored Cavalry, 13 Bravo Field Artillery Unit - spent 11 months in Sadr City, northeast of Baghdad. He said his unit was fortunate to have lost only one soldier - because of heat exposure and not a direct result of the war.
Read more, from the Libertyville Review, here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment