Column originally published Sept. 14, 2005
CLINTON - That's it, I am officially old.
Maybe it's the car loan, the mortgage, the wife, the baby, the full-time job -- whatever it is, I'm old.
As I read the story on Tuesday's front page about students and parents challenging the Clinton High School policy that bars non-high school students from attending school dances -- well, I'm ashamed to admit this, but I kind of sided with the principal.
Take this quote from CHS junior Lindsey Pardee: "I don't see why it's the school board's decision or the principal's who we can bring to a dance and who we can't."
Somewhere in the not-so-distant past, my first thought would have been how cool it was that someone Lindsey's age took the time to go to a school board meeting, step up to the microphone and tell the powers that be what she really thought.
Instead, I said to myself, "Since the principal is accountable for what happens, it pretty much is her decision who can or can't go to a dance."
How the mighty have fallen.
Continue reading "Aging process happens faster than expected"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment