Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Feed My Starving Children (Again)

In February I posted about January's Cub Scout Den meeting at Feed My Starving Children in Libertyville. Now it's the middle of August and I'm posting about when we had a full Cub Scout Pack meeting there in mid-May. This time Max tagged along and, since he hadn't started Scouts on his own yet, got to hang with Jack in the Webelos group. Based on our experience there earlier in the year, Den 1 was very proficient at filling bags and boxes. Both boys really loved this activity, and Max was a little curious about the idea of people in the world being hungry (I explained some people don't have houses, and he said "So, do they live in hotels?") so we got to do a little learning, too. They're both itching to return.

He was in charge of counting bags. From Scouts

Jack manned the digital scale. From Scouts

Den 1 hard at work. From Scouts

50 bags to the box. From Scouts

Sampling the food we prepared. From Scouts

Den 1: Thunderstick winners. From Scouts

Sizing up FMSC's global reach. From Scouts

No comments:

Post a Comment