My name is Scott T. Holland. I'm a newspaper columnist-editor-designer, a self-published author and a marketing-sales-Web-whatever else guy for my parents' family business, now living in Gurnee, Ill. The site is about my life, which includes a beautiful wife, our four young sons... plus way too much time watching the Cubs and bad television. That said, if you don't find me interesting, this blog will likely bore you to tears.
Sunday, November 25, 2012
International Banquet
One of our favorite annual school traditions is the International Banquet at Mac's preschool. They have it during the lunch hour so kids from the morning and afternoon classes are involved. All the kids get drug into the gym and lined up to "sing" a "song" with some sort of global theme. It's cute, I guess, but the main attraction is the food. The idea is for each family to bring a dish form their native culture (or, in our case, a family favorite). The ethnic diversity in his class, including some families where the children appear to be first-generation Americans, leads to an incredible dining experience. We invited Pops and K to join us this year, and Pops enjoyed the spread at least as much as I did, if not more. Also, I took some photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment