OK, I haven't had the time to read much past the headlines on this site, but those alone are chilling. Basically, this is a special section from the staff of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, published in 2002, that gives a chilling preview of what's been happening over the past week in The Big Easy.
I can't even begin to imagine what it's like in southern Terrebone Parish, where my high school youth group went on our first mission trip the summer after my freshman year (and yes, that was the trip famous for the locals who wrote and performed a parody of Jimmy Buffet's "Margaritaville" that included the phrase "Wastin' away again in Southern Terrebone/Searchin' for my lost hammer and saw).
Also, this was published in June 2002, right around when Kristie and I got married which, as anyone lucky enough to attend may recall, was right around when the Upper Mississippi River was in the midst of a 10-year flood.
Anyhow, thanks to Eric Zorn's blog for the link.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment